Sunday, October 18, 2009

Callbacks

I just wanted to fill you guys in on callbacks for the improvisational comedy group, the Oxford Imps. Well, out of the original like 60 or 70 people that showed up for the first audition, only 25 of us were called back. Each performer did about two improved scenes with a partner, and it was really fun. Ultimately, though, I was not what they were looking for this year. And there were some AMAZING performers at the auditions--I really hope they made it. But what has been the best part of this whole experience is that now I am running into people from the auditions around Oxford. In fact, the morning of callbacks, I was in a lecture on Body and Belief in Late Medieval Literature (which was absolutely amazing, by the way), and one of the guys already in the Imps who was judging at auditions sat down behind me. We talked for a bit about nerdy English Literature stuff before the lecture. That was nifty. Later Friday night, after the auditions, some friends and I were walking down Cornmarket Street when I ran into two of the other people who made call backs. And yesterday afternoon, I ran into someone else from the preliminary auditions. Basically, even though I didn't make the Imps, I've made some sort of impression--at least enough of an impression to be recognizable while hanging out in Oxford. Yay, me!

3 comments:

  1. I agree yay, you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recognizing people (and being recognized yourself) on the street in Oxford is way cool. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete